RSS : Articles / Comments



"POLL QUESTION"
Should the Shores' Community Pool be open to all homeowners?
CLICK THIS LINK TO REGISTER AND VOTE
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Click the above image to listen in

COMMENTS FROM A DISGUSTED HOMEOWNER

11:03 AM, Posted by Editorial Staff, No Comment

WRITTEN BY: ANGELA BUNKELMAN
Contributing Writer
February 26, 2009

I attended a Service Corp. Meeting last night that was simply a disgrace to the intelligence of Shores Homeowners. Sometimes I wonder why I torture myself by attending these meetings. I then remind myself that it is because I still hold out hope that this community can become an efficient, pleasant place to live. What we need is a vision, a plan and good leadership. Please allow me the opportunity to address a couple things that really trouble me and should also trouble all owners paying maintenance fees.

Landscape Contract:

The contract was awarded to Baker Landscaping. Baker is the company that currently has this contract. I, in no way am stating here that they do not do a good job. I have no beef with them. My focus here is purely business.

The cost of the contract was clearly more than other bidders. The board members did not give a clear reason for going with this company except for one member who stated that "We want to employ people in St. Johns County". Not one other reason was given. Is this person so out of touch with reality that she does not know that such a provision could have been put in the bid documents?

It could have clearly stated "Bidder's employees and management must reside in St. Johns County". If this was the only reason for going with this bid, which we assume it is, because it was the only one given, I would be awfully upset if I was a bidder and lost out due to the fact that it was not stated that my employees must reside in the county.

1. Mr. Zinn has often stated, on record, that he would not allow the open forum to become a place for personal attack. Last night he did just that by allowing a board member to verbally attack a homeowner who is also a contributing writer for this publication. This should not have been allowed. Practice what you preach Mr. Zinn.

2. The Manager's contract was renewed. Mr. Smith was given a raise. I was shocked by this action. If a company does not make money and is looking at lost revenue, do to numerous economic conditions that exist, the business usually cut hours and salaries. We do not give raises. The company I work for lost money last year. I lost a valued co-worker and am currently on a four day work week. I have not had a raise in 3 years, although my boss clearly states that I deserve one. I would like to know what scale was used to justify a raise?

3. The Manager, during open forum made a comment that was clearly heard by all in attendance. He directed it towards Keith Goldstein. He made the comment "You can dish it out but you can't take it". How dare he! I am appalled! A manager serves at the discretion of the board and should not comment unless he is asked to. This comment was totally out of line and inappropriate. Managers are employees and should remember their role.

Finally, it is my opinion that we need change. The only way to accomplish this is by voting in a board that will work on behalf of "ALL" residents. I'd like to take this opportunity to ask you to attend the "Candidates Night" next Thursday, March 5th, at the Riverview Club. Do not be afraid to ask the tough questions. You deserve answers.

View a related story: ANOTHER REASON TO STAY THE COURSE
Keywords
St. Augustine Shores Homeowner Association
St. Augustine Shores, Shores Service Corporation
St. Augustine Shores Condominium
Conquistador Condominium, Greens Condominium
Greens II Condominium, Fairview Condominium
Casa Bella Condominium, St. Augustine Shores News



CLICK BELOW FOR YOUR SHORES COMMUNITY NEWS